Communities of HOPE (COH) is a holistic program for social change that began in Genesee and Wayne Counties and is built upon the Four Pillars of Success – Healthy Living; Financial Security & Asset Building; Education; and Strong Families & Positive Relationships.
COH uses these Four Pillars of Success to address the root causes of some of the biggest challenges facing our nation today, which are often concentrated and intertwined in affordable and public housing communities, including:
- Preventable chronic diseases (diabetes, heart disease, etc.);
- Overall poor health for low-income populations;
- Low high school graduation rates;
- Poverty and economic hardship;
- Substance abuse and smoking;
- Isolation and poor relationships;
- Criminal activity.
Communities of Hope: 4 Levers of Change