Housing For All What is RAD?
The Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program allows PHAs to convert from an Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) to a more stable, long-term Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract. This program offers a tremendous opportunity for housing authorities to improve their financial position and to obtain funding for deferred maintenance, improvements to residential units & mechanical systems, and to fund replacement reserves – resulting in decreased future operating and maintenance expenses.How We Can Help
A Comprehensive RAD Solution
Top 10 Reasons to RAD:
- Expand PHA mission to include development of additional housing.
- Simplify operating procedures and reduce HUD oversight.
- Obtain funding for required repairs and improve property conditions.
- Establish a consistent revenue stream.
- Preserve affordable housing that might otherwise be lost.
- Earn significant developer fees.
- Strengthen adjacent neighborhoods.
- Use future cash flow as you see fit (unregulated funds).
- Fund reserves for future repairs.
- Improve the lives of residents.
RAD Conversion Specialists A RAD Designated Network Partner
RAD Conversion Specialists, LLC (RCS) understands that a RAD Conversion is a difficult decision for PHAs and that an important step in the process is evaluating and determining the short and long term impact on residents and PHA staff, as well as the general viability and sustainability of the PHA itself.
In partnership with PHAs, we help with this evaluation and also analyze the physical needs of the communities and the financial feasibility of a RAD conversion.